Mar 2, 2010

Update Dos: The Name Game and Stalker Types

Ahhh.... My weekly update.

1. Really feeling Ciara's newly leaked song "Up In The Bank"... Ci's strong suit is dancing and chill/sexy dance tracks and I respect that. Can we look forward to a "Halo" from Ci anytime soon? No. But we can get our dance on with anything Ci drops? Def. Check the new song here. I have it on repeat.

2. I learned today that one of my student's friends name is HENNESSY. Yes, you read right... Hennessy. Deep sigh. Side eye and all the annoyance I can muster. Her momma dont love her. (Yes, I had to go into hood speak/pretend English on this one.) BUT really must love taking care of her because that's what she will be doing the rest of that poor kids life. As my friend put it after I told her about this unfortunate discovery, "And the unemployment rate skyrockets". Lawd.

3. I was on the train yesterday on my way home and was waiting to get off at the end of the line when this black man w/locks turned around and said to me, "I was trying not to stare at you and your hair the entire ride. It's a good look. I love it. Can I touch it?" Ummmm. I should add that he said this in a pretty creepy tone so I told him he could touch it. I was kinda scared to say no. I mean he had been watching me or trying not to watch me for the duration of 1.5 hour train ride. I was too busy reading and listening to Coldplay to notice this "friend". Can we say semi-stalker? I let him touch it and I walked quickly to my friend in the waiting car. Shoot, my neck is way to pretty to get bruised up.

4. I bought these boots (below) and boy am I happy I did. I wore them the other day with some super bright blue tights and everybody was giving me "the look". Plus, my boots were just click clicking against the pavement. Annoying.

 5. Finally went to this restaurant I had been eyeing for literally years last Saturday during Chicago's Restaurant week and it was AMAAAZING! Check their website here. Brazzaz is a buffet style Brazilian steakhouse and it was a fantastic experience. Whenever you are in the Chi, stop through!


That's it!! Laterz!

No comments: