May 19, 2011

Music: Frank Ocean

Frank Ocean is such a genuine addition to music. I finally had an opportunity to listen to his mixtape in its entirety and with my intense music ADD this can be quite a difficult task. I do this thing where I hear a new song that reminds me of this other song and then that song reminds me of a completely other song and before you know it I'm off on some musical tangent and the new album or mixtape has vanished to some dark corner of my mind. whew. But okay, I love frank ocean ( I like writing his name in lower case a la bell hooks.) and I'm so damn grateful that he decided to share his music with us. Check one of my other favorite songs of his that I have been playing on repeat this last week. If you listen close you can hear his rather sobering take on the "American marriage".



AAAAhhhh.

No comments: