Dec 9, 2009

A Forever ObXession: 'Ye Classic...

Kanye West is my favorite rapper (that's "ON"/well known). Every body who knows me (for real), knows that. If you were in my vicinity say Senior year of high school then you know I lived for 'Ye. If you came to my room freshmen year of college, you saw the ode to 'Ye on my wall. All the "Red Eye" (newspapers) he had ever covered. It was serious. (Then Lupe and Drake came along....) Kanye has fell in and out of my graces over the past years with his zest heaving and other dramatic, Aretha size shade throwing... but the love remains. I think mostly I feel like I can never let Ye go despite all the other rappers I come into contact with because he was my first... I can, to this day, tell you about the first moments I heard his music and how I was introduced to him. It's strange and kinda embarrassing. After seeing him in concert a couple years ago my whole thought process shifted. I was like new. I swear. The kind of magic that only a recent Bey concert has been able to duplicate. Kanye is that dude. The proof is in the music he creates. Yes, "Heartbreak" was... different and kinda unfortunate. Not because it was not a masterpiece (IT WAS!) but because I knew the whole time listening to it that Ye's vocals were just not enough. That album needed a SINGER on it (read: Bey, Chrisette, Jazmine S.)!

But despite all of that and his shade throwing, whenever I start to get annoyed with his behavior I just listen to "All Fall's Down" and all is right in the world. That is my all time favorite Ye song.

Surprisingly enough this post was suppose to be about one of the most amazing live performances of "Bring Me Down" that I was watching today. But then I started getting all emo about Ye and music. My apologies. Check the Ye' classic live below...



Had the best birthday EVER! (Well...not ever but you know..) Good day my loves!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow! So theatrical! I felt like i was in the movies!