May 5, 2010

Article Dopeness: Rappers Talk Marriage

Today, Ozone Magazine twittered one of their latest articles, "Happily Ever After: Life As A Married Rapper" and I had to read it! I was extremely curious to see what some of our fave rappers had to say about their marriages and how it is being married in the music industry. They all kept it real and I enjoyed reading this article. Maybe there's hope for a music industry marriage after all.

Do any of you have advice for other rappers thinking about getting married, or even rappers who are married and might not be enjoying it?
E-40: If you find a good one, you probably want to stick with her. It’s not about glamour. You want somebody who’s gonna be there for you. Everybody’s got a main squeeze. If you find a good woman and she’s in your heart, stick with her. Don’t get caught up in all this industry shit, man. Find a down to earth female. Different strokes for different folks, but my advice is if you find a good one keep her.
Bun B: I get calls from younger rappers making the transition. I’ve talked to Wale, Dizzie Rascal and I talk to ESG and Paul Wall on the regular. All I have to tell you is don’t do it unless you are sure. Don’t get married out of convenience, that’s the last thing you want to do. There’s nothing worse than being an unsure married person.
Paul Wall: Keeping your faith in God is a big part of it. I would encourage people not to do it if you’re not ready. Some people do it too soon, and some wait too long. If you think it’s meant to be, do it. But the biggest part of it is being faithful. If you are unfaithful, it makes it hard and it makes [your spouse] very insecure. //
Preach! Hmmmm..... Click the link below and check the rest of the article.


Paul Wall and wife, Crystal

Laterz!

No comments: